Unleashing the Power of Lean Management in Recruitment
At Resource Solutions, we are proud to present our innovative recruitment solution, RPO On-Demand, aimed at redefining the way you hire. With the Lean management philosophy ingrained in its core design, championing recruitment excellence, RPO On-Demand transforms the way organisations attract, engage, and secure top-tier talent.
A core principle of Lean management is to simplify processes, with the aim of improving customer value. Applying this methodology to recruitment, our goal is to create an efficient process that benefits our recruitment teams, clients and candidates – addressing key customer levers such as cost, quality, speed of service and customer experience.
We check in with Kieran Millington, our Lean certified specialist to understand about how the model is put into practice.
What sets Lean methodology powered RPO On-Demand apart from other recruitment services?
We recognise that time is of the essence for our client partners, and therefore we have applied Lean in two crucial ways with the development of our RPO On-Demand product:
- The plug and play nature of this solution enables us to swiftly implement recruitment services for our clients. What can take upwards of 16 weeks for most RPO providers to implement, and scaled that down to less than 4 weeks, without compromising quality.
- We recognise that both hiring managers and candidates want a streamlined recruitment process. Whether it is the prompt delivery of a high-calibre candidate shortlist for the hiring manager or guaranteed, rapid updates regarding the next stage of the recruitment process for candidates – both customer groups care about speed of process. Maximising Return on Investment (ROI).
Could you talk us through the elevated experience this methodology offers?
By incorporating Lean management, RPO On-Demand redefines the recruitment process with its simple, consistent, and transparent consumer-grade experience. The client partner and candidate will have a clear understanding of what is happening throughout the recruitment process, ensuring that everyone is on the same page.
Actually, simplicity, consistency, and quality are at the core of all our services, allowing for a best practice hiring journey that is not only efficient, but aimed to delight. Transparency is not just a buzzword; it is an integral part of our service, ensuring you have a clear view of every step in the process.
Practically, how is Lean put into practice with recruitment teams at Resource Solutions?
There are two key ways in which we apply we apply Lean to our recruitment practices:
- By partnering with Lean Competency Systems, we have crafted Lean management training that forms an integral part of our onboarding program for all employees. This establishes a robust Lean awareness and equips employees with the skills and insights needed to enhance quality and efficiency in their day-to-day tasks. Their unwavering commitment to efficiency and ongoing enhancement guarantees that our services remain flexible, adaptable, and highly effective.
- We have embraced a customer-centric approach that revolves around value creation for our client partners. We systematically eliminate non-value-added activities from the equation, reserving space solely for what truly matters.
What have been some of the results?
Through the application of Lean management, we have seen the following successes:
- Significantly reduced time to offer by 40% to 31 days TTO.
- Increased Hiring Manager and Candidate Net Promoter Score (NPS) by 59 points and 75 points, respectively.
- Increase recruiter productivity by 89%.
- Reduced Agency hiring to less than 10%.
Want to see if RPO On-Demand is the right solution for you?
Download our detailed guide and discover how RPO On-Demand revolutionises your recruitment processes.