11 January 2023
Do you want a career that offers constant development? With a company that’s growing fast all over the globe. Do you want to work with the biggest clients? The coolest technology? The most innovative projects? Do you want global career moves? A smarter work/life balance? Or maybe you just want to be part of a team redefining work so everyone can have a lifetime of opportunity?
Are you ready to take your career to the next level?
Resource Solutions is a global leader in recruitment & consultancy solutions, helping some of the world’s leading companies recruit the talent they need to scale and grow responsibly. We offer our people incredible career opportunities as well as an inclusive culture, flexible working
If you are ambitious, curious and dare to do different, we want to meet you.
About the Role:
Manager, Early Careers runs the Early Careers proposition for SCB. This involves partnering with key stakeholders and being a talent advisor on the aims and objectives of our programmes, hiring, developing, and deploying our early careers talent in line with success metrics. This role is responsible for ensuring best in class experiences for early careers talent and an excellent candidate experience. In addition, the role holder will be responsible for managing a talent specialist and supervising their performance and development.
- Lead on the creation and execution of campus and campaign strategies at careers fairs, presentations, and our advertising channels, ensuring alignment with global brand and employer brand strategy and standards, while presenting local market nuances
- Develop market intelligence and share insights to inform recruitment strategy
- Plan and execute engagement strategies to enable a great candidate experience throughout the extended period between offer and joining date
- Plan and execute of engagement events for Intern, IG and IG Alumni groups that complement the central activities and are proportionate to the needs of the talent pools
- Contribute to global projects and share general ideas and insights with the Early Careers Leadership Team
- Advise and challenge business stakeholders as part of the Summer Intern to IG/S2D conversion process
- Overall responsibility of candidate pipelines to ensure they are fit for purpose, deliver strong ROI, reduce time to hire and represent a diverse talent pool in partnership with Resource Solutions
- Provide input on promoting our programmes in a centralised social media calendar across our early careers and group social media channels
- Provide input on the promotion of our programmes, through messaging and visual identity on our early career’s website (sc.com/early-careers), third party job boards, sponsorships and other partners to increase our brand awareness and applications
- Be an employer brand champion across all of our social media platforms
- Organise campus hiring including business participation at select events (e.g. shortlisting, interviews, campus activities)
- Lead on the execution of country induction for Intern and IG Programme
- Manage all programme requirements for the Bank’s IG and Intern Programmes and the IG Alumni Proposition including (but not limited to) rotation planning, allocation of managers and buddies and on-going assessment
- Manage the Bank’s pay / performance cycles for IGs ensuring we are paying for performance and in line with the Fair Pay Charter
- Work with the business to identify ‘gateway’ roles for deployment from the IG programme
- Deploy Graduates into permanent roles upon completion of the IG Programme, utilising the assessment feedback to ensure the best candidates are selected for the most critical roles
- Use the talent data on EC talent based on scorecards generated to recommend talent for career moves, projects etc
- Work with HRBPs and Heads of HR to manage the IG best bets and use people forum insights to inform our training, development and deployment decisions
- Ensure execution of alumni development initiatives in line with global playbooks and standards
- Guide IG Alumni association activities and encourage the graduates to self-organise events and activities
- Ensure contract execution and completion of pre-joining documentation and pre-employment checks are completed by support teams
- Ensure competitive compensation for all campus hiring working in collaboration with PRB
- Gather talent insight on EC talent and input into talent development and deployment activities
- Overall responsibility for the budgets in your remit, ensuring there is ROI for the investment spend on campus, branding and event management
People and Talent
- Lead through example as a senior member of the regional team and help to build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from direct and indirect reports and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, inspiring them to develop themselves for now and the future
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of direct reports and ensure they are suitably skilled and qualified ensuring they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks
- Ensure adherence to the Bank’s policies and processes governing campus (student) hiring
- Utilize reporting to ensure a balanced interview slate, ROI on campus strategy, time to hire, diversity metrics etc and take remediation action if there is a problem with our pipeline
- Responsible for delivering effective governance, oversight and controls in your countries, and if necessary, oversee changes in these areas.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Ensure we achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Country Leadership Teams, Heads of HR/HR BPs, Early Careers Committees, IG Sponsors, Summer Intern Managers, Lateral Recruitment, Employee Brand & Attraction Team, PRB, Graduates, Summer Interns, IG Alumni, University Careers Services & Societies
Other duties that are reasonably within the capabilities of a staff member in this position may need to be performed from time to time, in addition to or instead of the above duties.
The requirements of this role may change over time and staff are required to comply with all such reasonable changes.
- A unique opportunity to drive projects such as Employer Branding, Talent pipelining, Recruitment Innovation, Candidate Experience
- A track record of high performance and an ability to deliver excellent results consistently is key. In return for your hard work, you’ll be offered a competitive top salary and benefits package with bonuses/commission and fantastic incentives programme
- Private medical insurance
- A fantastic training and development programme
- Volunteer time off
- The opportunity to partake / qualify for our Global incentive weekend
- Employee wellbeing through various programmes
- You’ll have plenty of opportunities to progress your career, both in your country and other locations around the world. That’s the benefit of working for a large global organisation. One that is at the forefront of recruitment innovation, a specialist in RPO and MSP
“As a Disability Confident Employer, Resource Solutions is committed to offering a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process to all candidates. If you require any accommodations or adjustments as a result of a disability, impairment or health condition, please do not hesitate to let me know.”
Resource Solutions – Leading recruitment outsourcing provider
Want a global career with no limits? We are the solution