21 July 2022
Do you want a career that offers constant development? With a company that’s growing fast all over the globe. Do you want to work with the biggest clients? The coolest technology? The most innovative projects? Do you want global career moves? A smarter work-life balance? Or maybe you just want to be part of the team transforming the way businesses find people.
What you’ll be doing
The L&D Ops Team has a global remit across the entire population of 1800+ people within the Resource Solutions Business. The department is part of the Group HR Team and has close ties with Resource Solutions Central Management Team (CMT).
The role is designed to support the Operational Learning & Organisational Development Manager, APAC to actively engage Resource Solutions staff to educate and facilitate operational training across APAC. Key elements of the role require the role holder to organise a training calendar to deliver a variety of courses across On-site teams, GSCs and Head Office. In addition, the role will support the department during the implementation and stabilisation period of new or enhanced services to external clients, ensuring sign off on all operational decisions made during the implementation and taking the new service through a stabilisation period resulting in a fully functioning solution that can be transitioned to a Business as Usual (BAU) state to Operations.
This person will be expected to assist in classroom style workshops as well as creating, updating and structuring effective blended learning content to address operational skill gaps. We are looking to build our online self-managed learning content to compliment the classroom and on the desk training.
Learning & Development Training
- Work closely with Line Manager to set up, make room bookings and to assist in delivering Corporate Induction in APAC
- Assist Manager to working across the existing client accounts delivering collateral via small group presentation, WebEx and Digital
- Working alongside Manager working across GSCs and On-site and CMT teams to share the most recent career pathways and related training programmes.
- Develop and update client-specific training materials ensuring it is fit for purpose.
- Work closely with Line Manager and to develop a thorough Skills Needs Analysis process to prioritize training resource.
- Co-ordination of logistics to deliver training e.g., venue, room bookings, calendar etc.
- Conduct learning and performance needs analyses. Design and program manage complex multi-modal learning programs and knowledge campaigns, delivery schedules and facilitator pools.
- Apply adult learning principles and instructional systems to design/refresh blended learning solutions that minimize time away from work and maximize performance improvement.
- Design for and measure against required business outcomes; evaluate, track and report on impact of programs and initiatives.
- Work closely with Line Manager to develop a thorough Skills Needs Analysis (existing and new team members, including workers impacted by TUPE).
- With Line Manager identification of required Resources (technology, people, materials, rooms etc) for delivery of new implementation projects.
- Working with SLT & Line Manager to deliver service training project and delivery plans for a range of client implementations to support effective service delivery requirements for pre-launch and postlaunch.
- Refreshment of existing, standard collateral for new service training modules.
- Develop client-specific training materials.
- Co-ordination / logistics e.g., venue / room bookings etc.
Skills and Experience required
- Operational recruitment experience or L&D experience (including content and framework creation), including some experience of small group training (or a desire to do so).
- Keen to gain accreditation in a training qualification or has a qualification in a L&D related field.
- Experience in creating content for learning interventions and an understanding on how to build a blended learning framework. Strong knowledge of adult learning theory, instructional design, leadership theories and practices, and multiple learning formats.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to business leaders on their organizations’ performance and learning needs; manage and maintain productive and collaborative working relationships with vendors, SMEs, peers and stakeholders.
- Good communication, confidence to present to small groups and strong facilitation skills. Crisp, compelling and practical style of organizing thoughts into writing and speech.
- Project management: Able to prioritize, scope, plan, budget and execute to independently move projects forward. Stakeholder management: Able to establish positive relationships and align others around accomplishing goals.