Salary £80,000 - £85,000 per annum + 6K Car Bonus
Consultant Meagan Arbuckle
Date Posted 31 March 2023united-kingdom finance/audit 2023-03-31 2023-05-30 financial-services London London GB GBP 80000 85000 85000 YEAR Resource Solutions https://www.resourcesolutions.com https://www.resourcesolutions.com/content/dam/resource-solutions/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Looking for successful candidate to work within the Internal consultancy function. Helping to provide control frameworks, support business processes and regulatory & legislative processes.
The role has responsibility across a number of core areas:
- Act as part of a team delivering process enhancement expertise and to drive the development of MS Amlin’s process ownership and excellence culture;
- Use a range of tools and techniques covering Standardisation, Problem Solving, Performance Management, Client Intimacy, Lean Leadership & Employee Engagement to drive process improvement;
- Undertake diagnostic activity, including: Voice of the customer, current state process mapping, basic current state operating model/org structure, work-place waste observations (bottom-up), identification of automation (RPA) opportunities, capacity and demand analysis, skills assessment, performance management analysis, and data analysis to support process re-engineering initiatives;
- Project Manage deliverables to ensure accountability to the ‘Customer’ including the development of a project charter, project plans and reporting on status. Ensure the management of risks and issues;
- Closely manage Stakeholders, Sponsors and any project dependencies/interdependencies to ensure outcomes are aligned and effective transition to BAU ownership;
- Act as an advocate for, and technical expert/advisor of MS Amlin’s Operational Excellence Framework, providing guidance across all MS Amlin’s legal entities in the modelling, analysis design and management of processes. Work closely with Risk and Compliance, and ensure framework alignment to regulatory and market developments
The Operating Environment and Context of the Job
The role reports to the Operational Excellence Leader who reports to the Head of Operations within MS Amlin Corporate Services.
The role may also have a matrixed reporting line into project and programme managers as required
The Operational Excellence and Risk Management Function also has responsibility for supporting the first line in overseeing Operational Risk and Controls, and as such all team members have a role to play in assessing and understanding developing legislation and regulation and MS Amlin’s response to such.
The combined skillsets within the team are complementary in supporting the functions to manage areas of operational risk and to target Operational Excellence.
· Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills across all levels of the organisation
· Experience in working in demanding project environments - Ability to secure results while dealing with competing demands
· Dealing with Ambiguity - Comfortable in fluid, ambiguous environments; Pragmatic and solutions driven
· Business Awareness - Good standard of business and commercial awareness with industry knowledge and experience
· Relationship Building - Ability to build and maintain strong, cohesive working relationships with senior stakeholders
· Accountability/Delivery - Strong sense of prioritisation and execution against critical deliverables, coupled with a sense of personal ownership for key projects deliverables
· Influencing and Negotiation Skills - Work collaboratively with the business to drive changes to the way we work, bringing experience and knowledge of Insurance processes
· Experience in the industry market with excellent understanding of Risk measures and internal controls standards
· Operational Excellence experience across the full range of disciplines and methodologies including Six Sigma, Lean and Business Architecture
· Relevant professional qualifications – Six Sigma Black Belt, Lean Competency Framework, Business Analysis Standards etc.
Get in touch