Your privacy is important to us
At Resource Solutions your right to privacy and our treatment of your personal data is important. Resource Solutions is subject to various data protection legislation and regulations in a number of jurisdictions (“DP Laws”). The following policy outlines how Resource Solutions manages personal data that it holds about individuals in accordance with DP Laws. By requesting or using our services, you accept and consent to our use of your personal data as outlined in this policy.
For the purposes of the DP Laws the data controller may (depending on the Resource Solutions client) be either Resource Solutions Limited (company no. 02041065) of 11 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard, London, WC2E 9AB registered as a data controller under the UK Data Protection Act under registration number Z7311171, or Resource Solutions Europe Limited (company no. 02086796) of the same address with data controller registration number Z3004206. Outside Europe, it may be a local group entity of Resource Solutions.
Personal data - what is it?
Personal data is any data which relates to a living individual who can be identified from those data or from those data and other information which is in the possession of, or likely to come into the possession of, a data controller and includes any expression of opinion about the individual and any indication of the intentions of the data controller or other person in respect of the individual.
It may range from the very sensitive (e.g. medical history or condition) to the everyday (e.g. address and phone number). It would include the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), your work experience and qualifications, psychometric assessment results and other data obtained by Resource Solutions in connection with your possible work placements.
Personal data includes sensitive personal data.
Sensitive personal data - what is it?
Some personal data may be considered sensitive personal data (for example, as set out in the UK Data Protection Act). Resource Solutions will only collect, use or disclose sensitive personal data about you in accordance with the relevant DP Laws. In most cases, Resource Solutions will only collect, use or disclose sensitive personal data where it has received your consent.
Who will be collecting your personal data?
Resource Solutions is a specialist recruitment outsourcing business, managing recruitment across a number of client sites on behalf of those clients. Your personal data will be collected by Resource Solutions to provide you with recruitment and/or related intermediary services.
How your data will be collected?
Generally, Resource Solutions collects personal data directly from you (if, for example, you have applied to them directly), from your recruitment agency (if applicable) or directly from Resource Solutions’ own clients. For example, it collects personal data when you:
- Deal with Resource Solutions in person, by telephone, letter, fax, email or via our website;
- Supply a CV or application form;
- Fill out and submit a registration form;
- Subscribe to job alerts emails;
- Submit any other information in connection with your application for registration;
- Complete psychometric assessments.
Personal data about you may also be collected from third parties that Resource Solutions contacts for verification or vetting purposes. For example when Resource Solutions receives:
- Any reference about you;
- Results of enquiries of former employers or engagers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration bodies;
- The results of any psychometric, competency or medical test;
- Performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
- Any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- Any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- Any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved.
Resource Solutions will normally require you to provide consent to enable us to obtain personal data from third parties (unless you have indicated your consent in some other way, for example through your recruitment agency or directly to the client) but, if Resource Solutions does not have your prior consent, it may infer that consent if reasonable in the circumstances.
How Resource Solutions may use and disclose your personal data:
- To provide recruitment and/or related intermediary services to or for you and to facilitate the recruitment process;
- To match your details against job vacancies which Resource Solutions feels may be appropriate for you in order to assess your suitability for them;
- To apply for jobs on your behalf by sending your data to clients;
- to allow you to submit your CV, apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to Resource Solutions' job alerts so that Resource Solutions (directly or on behalf of clients) can notify you when relevant job vacancies arise;
- To develop and market other products and services, to improve Resource Solutions' customer service and to make Resource Solutions' services more useful to you (which includes tailoring the Resource Solutions' website and those of clients in order to better suit your requirements);
- To inform you about any relevant industry developments, send you details of any events, promotions and competitions, and to communicate any other relevant information;
- To answer your enquiries or questions;
- For other purposes for which you have engaged Resource Solutions or, where the context requires, Resource Solutions clients.
Resource Solutions may also disclose your personal data to third parties where reasonable, such as:
- A member of the Resource Solutions Group;
- Prospective employers or engagers, including our clients who may retain such data for future recruitment purposes;
- Other recruitment companies or intermediaries involved in managing the supply of personnel;
- Sub-contractors of recruitment services;
- External vetting bodies e.g. to obtain criminal record or credit checks;
- Third parties who perform functions on Resource Solutions behalf and who also provide services to Resource Solutions, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on Resource Solutions business technology systems, research and mailing houses and function co-ordinators;
- Resource Solutions’ insurers;
- A professional association or registration body or regulatory or law enforcement agencies if Resource Solutions is required by law to do so.
If Resource Solutions engages a third party contractor to perform services which involve handling or processing personal data, it takes reasonable steps to prohibit the contractor from using personal data except for the purposes for which it was supplied or for processing it other than in accordance with Resource Solutions' instructions.
If Resource Solutions enters into a joint venture with, is sold to or merged with another business entity, your personal data may be disclosed to Resource Solutions' new, or potential, business partners or owners. By providing Resource Solutions with your personal data, you consent to Resource Solutions disclosing your data to its new, or potential, business partners or owners if one of these situations arises.
Unless required or permitted to do so by law, Resource Solutions will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of your personal data without your consent.
If you do not give Resource Solutions the data it seeks
If you do not give Resource Solutions the personal data it seeks (provided that the data sought is reasonable and relevant to the services being provided to or for you), it is unable to provide you with recruitment and/or related intermediary services.
Security of your personal data
Resource Solutions holds personal data in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files.
Resource Solutions has security procedures in place to protect the personal data it holds from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Resource Solutions uses a number of processes to protect your personal data including:
- locks and security systems;
- computer passwords and limited access to shared network drives to authorised staff;
- virus checking;
- auditing procedures and data integrity checks;
- recording of file movements;
- security classification to identify data needing special protection.
Resource Solutions will keep your personal data no longer than necessary. Resource Solutions will appropriately dispose of your personal data when it is no longer required or if you ask to be removed from our systems so that it is protected from unauthorised use or disclosure.
However, please note that Resource Solutions may be obliged by law to keep a record of your personal data and other information for a period of at least one year from the date of creation of the record or, if later, at least one year after the date on which Resource Solutions last provides services to you. Resource Solutions may also have contractual obligations to its clients (particularly those clients who operate in heavily regulated sectors such as the banking and finance industries) to retain data for a longer period.
You can request access to your data
You may request access to any personal data Resource Solutions holds about you in accordance with the DP Laws. Resource Solutions may charge a fee (where permitted by law) to cover the reasonable costs of retrieval and supply of the data to you.
Resource Solutions is not always required to provide you with access to all of your personal data on request.
Resource Solutions may refuse your access to certain personal data in a number of circumstances, such as where denying access is required or authorised by law.
If Resource Solutions denies your request for access it will provide you with reasons for the refusal.
Resource Solutions cannot provide you with information which it does not hold. Such data may have been collected by Resource Solutions but is in fact held by a client rather than Resource Solutions. In such instances, any access request would need to be made to the relevant client.
Keeping your personal data up to date
Resource Solutions takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is accurate, complete and up to date.
Resource Solutions may also contact you from time to time to check that the data is still correct. However, please let Resource Solutions know of any changes to your details as soon as you reasonably can in order for Resource Solutions to maintain the accuracy of information held on you.
If you believe that personal or sensitive personal data Resource Solutions holds about you is not accurate, complete and up to date, Resource Solutions will take reasonable steps to correct it if you notify us.
Transfer of your personal data outside of the EEA
If your personal data is collected in the European Economic Area (EEA), the personal data Resource Solutions collects from you may be transferred outside the EEA either by Resource Solutions and/or by any of the third parties to whom your personal data may be disclosed to as listed in the section "How Resource Solutions may use and disclose your personal data". Such transfers will occur where they are necessary as part of the recruitment and/or related intermediary services Resource Solutions provides to or for you, e.g. where you apply for a vacancy or position outside the EEA, or where the transfer is authorised by law. By providing personal data you agree your data may be transferred outside of the EEA in such circumstances.
Resource Solutions and/or the third parties to whom we may disclose your personal data may store your personal data on a server overseas. By providing personal data you agree your data may be transferred to servers located overseas.
Resource Solutions will take reasonable steps to ensure your data is treated securely outside of the EEA.
Clicking on links and banner advertisements and RSS feeds may result in your transfer to another website, where data privacy practices may be different to that of Resource Solutions. It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with these privacy policies as Resource Solutions accepts no responsibility for and has no control over them or any information or data collected by or for them.
How to contact us
If you wish to gain access to or correct your personal data or make a complaint about a breach of your privacy, please use the contact details available here.